Thursday, September 25, 2008

Attn: Important Announcements

#1:
It's official BILL MURRAY is going to be out at the Cave Party tonight! And we all know he knows how to party. Remember kids, be at Alamo between 930-10 p.m. to load onto a bus and go.

#2:

I am excited to share this exciting piece of deluxe information with the rest of Austin. Saul Williams is coming to perform on Oct. 2.

" The Texas Union Student Events Center's Music and Entertainment Committee
will host a performance by Saul Williams, dynamic musician and poet, in the
Texas Union Ballroom at 7:00 p.m. on Thursday, October 2nd, 2008."
However,
"Admission to the Saul Williams event is free for the UT community. A pass
is required for admission but does not guarantee admission to the event. UT
students, faculty and staff may obtain 2 passes from the Texas Union Student
Events Center Events & Info Desk (UNB 4.300) by presenting their UT ID. Pass
distribution will begin on Monday, September 29, 2008 at 8:00 AM (pass
distribution: weekdays 8AM-5PM). This event is open to UT students, faculty,
and staff."

So, find somebody from UT to bring you or buy you passes. I had an obsession to Saul William's poetry a while back - only having read She and , said the shotgun to the head. But I don't need to listen to all of his hip-hop, music, and new poetry in order to know he is amazing. For those who don't know about him (WIKIPEDIA). He's worked with Trent Reznor of NIN and played with many others.

#3: For those who didn't jump on the bandwagon and buy tickets fast enough, remember the alternatives tonight at Black&Tan and Beauty Bar. They should be a lot of fun, too, just not in a dank cave.

#4: From the same place as previously, on the old Diesel on the Drag, I spotted a model search that is going on. I'll let you in on it once I know more information.

1 comment:

Hi-C said...

Are you F'ing kidding me...Bill Murry was there... I hate myself for not going now... I hadn't slept in like 2 days really and decided I needed a nap... Stupid, Stupid, Stupid *bangs head on desk*