Saturday, April 4, 2009

Weekend Thoughts

So, last night ended up differently than expected. I believe the hectic traffic and the overcrowding of downtown (due to the Texas Relays) led to a shift toward the east side. Seems like everybody made their way to Shangri La last night in avoiding 7th Street bars.

Crrrazy packed. The bartenders were working triple time.

Now, that leads me to question exactly what will go on tonight? Will everybody be making their way to see Car Stereo (Wars) at Beauty Bar or will it be a repeat of last night? We'll see.

Anyhow, I have been feeling shop-crazy lately. Thrifting yesterday did not satiate me quite as I was hoping it would. I want some shiny, new clothes -- sorry, I'm incredibly materialistic. Anyways, something I've had my eyes on for a while is this adorable floral mini-dress (a stark change from my daily monochromatic) from BuyDefinition.com, which is an online clothing store based in Austin, with their storefront on South Congress. I am itching to go, even though I probably couldn't afford anything.


Dress by BB Dakota, $61

It may be sold out, phoo. Buy Definition was featured on the pretty popular fashion blog Sea of Shoes, based in the DFW area.

Their blog: http://buydefinition.wordpress.com/

Somebody take me shopping, please. I'm constantly in need of retail therapy.

No comments: