Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Over-extravagant & Lady Gaga

Fliers can get really ridiculous. I was looking at the ones Designer Drugs had posted for shows other places, as in NOT IN AUSTIN. It's just over-stimulating visually, in my opinion, and not in a good way. Sensory overload. (However, don't dismiss this post yet, because I have an announcement about something awesome Austin-wise)

Is everybody who is going to attend this going to drop acid and wear neon pink fishnets? Seems like it.


Or these sort of template fliers are just boring and also not aesthetically pleasing. If you're going to make a boring flier, I'd rather just see black Times New Roman on white.


Whoever made this flier for Seoul, Korea has got it right. If I am going to put fliers on this site, I want them to be pretty, people. Good example:


Luckily, Austin is not all acid-raver and we usually don't run into the aforementioned issues. I don't know if I've ever hated any fliers, but there are some uggos out there.

I don't really have an opinion on this image considering I don't know who Bobby Bones is, but I'm sure a lot of people are going to want to go to this.

Tickets go on sale April 10, and the show is on May 6 at Austin Music Hall! I think I would go see Lady Gaga, I bet the whole thing will be a theatrical event. Tickets are $27 online and $31 at the door. (Thanks to Mitchell for alerting me.)

2 comments:

Megalithic Rick said...

I agree on the flyers, I hate when people make shit. Lydia Reynolds should make all flyers! And who ever makes the Wild Life stuff is decent too. Btw, Lady Gaga?? 27 bucks!! Idk bout that XP

Anonymous said...

the concept of that 'whack' party sort of justifies any kind of bad flyer design for me. the irony and appropriateness of entitling your party 'whack'. floating pillows in the background are also kind of cool even if only noticed them upon close scrutiny.

do you pillow fight while you are dancing?

because there have been times when i just really wanted to hit someone with a pillow at a dance party.

when is the dance party/pillow fight + installation art event happening in Austin?