Monday, May 3, 2010

Our Town

This is something I can't quit talking about. Well, it's about time to take action. I really want to go see the Our Town play at Zach Theatre. Why? (I mean I am not much of a play-goer, nor do I often spend money on events). This is different. Our Town, by Thornton Wilder, was one of my favorite readings back in high school or junior high, whenever it was.


I just loved the depth of the plot, the characters, the emotion, everything. Since then, I decided I would want to someday be in an Our Town play -- hopefully as Emily, an Asian version? When I heard the play was occurring in my city, first I was bummed I wasn't in it (not that I have any prior theatre experience besides middle school) and that I couldn't think of anybody who'd want to go to it with me.

C'mon, somebody's got to want to go!
Yeah I'm a total nerd, I know.

Zach Theatre is located on Lamar and Riverside, and the play is going on till May 23.
Wednesday-Saturday at 7:30pm, Sunday at 2:30pm

No comments: