Monday, April 5, 2010

Behold, Sarah Silverman?


Something I thought may interest the good readers of this blog. Apparently Sarah Silverman will be coming to Book People in Austin to promote her book, The Bedwetter, April 28. Check out the event on Do512.


This cover is slightly problematic to me. It is weird to see Sarah Silverman in a fashionable military jacket, even if it is a couple seasons late. I suppose she probably does care about fashion in her spare time, it's just such a contrast from her pigtails and baggy pants in "I'm F*cking Matt Damon."

I have never been a big fan of Silverman, especially since the "chink" incident -- c'mon comedians, you can come up with better jokes than racial slurs...

However, I know everybody likes an opportunity to meet a celebrity. Plus, I know there are a lot of Silverman fans out there. I may be the only one who doesn't love her that I know of. I for one just like to hear about events at a book store rather than a bar or club every once in a while. I mean, I read a book for pleasure for the first time in what feels like centuries last week and remembered the joys of literacy.

No comments: