Monday, May 4, 2009

Cinco de Mayo fiesta

(I was going to attempt to type this entire post in Spanish but decided against embarrassing myself)


Tomorrow is the fifth of May,
or the 5th of May,
or Cinco de Mayo.

Which means that 137 years ago, the Mexicans defeated the French in the Battle of Puebla, but more so that people are going to use it as an excuse to drink margaritas during the day. Here's a block party in the Warehouse district for you to go to.

I'm not sure if the food and drinks advertised are free or not, but still. I tried La Condesa the night of My Bloody Valentine and it was pretty great - well the tortilla soup I ordered anyway. Frances probably could tell you more about their cuisine than I can.



Now let me tell you about some of the best places to get margaritas (that I'm aware of):
1. Red House Pizzeria
2. Trudy's
3. Polvo's
4. Lanai -has really cheap ones

1 comment:

Austin Eavesdropper said...

Ooh ooh I also like El Chile's CHILANGO margarita! Probably my favorite cocktail in town!

You goin' out tomorrow night for any of this fun stuff, little lady?