Friday, February 20, 2009

losing steam/MARDI GRAS WKND

I'm totally losing steam on this looking for things to do thing. Sometimes, I just like to wait for things to come to me and go with whatever other people do. Alas, I stuck myself with this job, so I will diligently do my "job" as expected with few complaints.

Anyway, last night was enough fun for me for a while, but I suppose the weekend must be savored. Lykke Li was cuter/more perfect than I could have ever imagined, Wild Life 2 went well - a lot of people showed and Ryan, I take it, had an awesome birthday. That was a good Thursday night for Austin. By the way Trevor Ray put up the photos from The Parish already if you'd like to go check those out. On with the weekend.
FRIDAY:

I want to say my friend told me his band is also playing there tonight. I might be making that up.


SATURDAY:

Here is a 5 minute promotional mix that Go Go Garcia made for the Sandwiches party. Ought to give you an idea of what to expect of the party besides the possibility of free sandwiches -- which is what I've been assuming about the party this entire time.
Download/Listen here.



(I believe Wax Lounge is in San Antonio, but in case you're in the area)

SUNDAY:

Finally, something Mardi Gras related. I don't think I've celebrated Mardi Gras in my life except maybe being given some beads at some point sans flashing. Either way, it seems like if you're going to Mardi Gras it up, this is probably the right (only) way to do it.

No comments: