Sunday, February 15, 2009

THE EVERLASTING GODSTOPPER

So, I've become concerned as to what people think this blog is all about. Well, I'm not entirely too sure as to what it is about myself. Recently, it was called a nightlife blog, which I am not too fond of. I mean, parties, DJs, dancing -- all good stuff, but I was hoping the scope of my "coverage" is a little broader. I suppose, I mean to say it is just supposed to be about things that I like, things I think people would like, things in Austin (and surrounding) that I hear about that I like, artstuffs, filmstuffs, musicstuffs, fashionstuffs, and the like. I'm sure that seems a little too broad, but we'll see.


Anyway, this is something I thought sounded like it'd be enlightening, or interesting at least:

(Click for a larger view, please)
∇FEATURED∞ARTISTS∇
BEN AQUA
JUAN ANDRES CISNEROS
KYLE DIXON
MICHAEL RUIZ
MALCOLM ELIJAH WELBOURNE
LANNEAU WHITE
†O†Δ⌊⌊ϒ ωΓ∑⊄κ

Here's a little something written to describe Totally Wreck. "Austin-based art collective The Totally Wreck Production Institute continues to collaborate on cracking the cosmic egg with their new exhibition, The Everlasting Godstopper. The work focuses on the underlying framework of technological implication, pop culture mutation, iconic figures of unnatural symbolism, and gregarious personality. Using installation, new media, video, illustration, and photography, Totally Wreck sends you to a place lying somewhere in a multidimensional reality between science fiction and spirituality."

The gallery opening is tonight, but the show will be up till March 8. I am going to try to find time to drop by sometime.
-Tiffany

No comments: