Monday, January 30, 2012

MUSIC: FAVE 5 IN 2011

I thought I'd pretend like I was some sort of major music blog and tell everyone a few of my favorite new songs (artists and videos) from 2011. I feel like a lot of really great stuff came out last year, or maybe I've just been paying closer attention.

"nothing can change this love" -TASHAKI MIYAKI

This LA band is so shrouded in mystery, which makes me like them even more. I have a chance to interview them soon, very excited. Been loving on all of their covers, including this and "All I have to do is dream," and self-titled EP.

"Don't Go Out Tonight" -IDIOT GLEE

Got a chance to interview James Friley last time he came to Austin to play a show. Haven't been able to stop listening to his music since. Super talented, and if you read his Twitter, all he talks about is food.

"July" -YOUTH LAGOON

From Boise, Idaho, this kid (Trevor Powers) has been getting the most attention out of this top 5 this past year. His debut album is 100% good, which is hard to come by.

"Sweetest Touch" -GROSS MAGIC

Obsessed with all of Teen Jamz, but this song is my favorite. Dig his (Sam McGarrigle) whole vibe.

"Easy" -PURE X

Straight out of Austin, and genius video by Malcolm Elijah.



Bonus guilty pleasure song: "BLUE JEANS" - LANA DEL REY



An addendum:
"Lord Knows Best" -DIRTY BEACHES

2011 felt so long, I didn't realize Dirty Beaches was 2011. Badlands slays me.

No comments: