Sunday, August 29, 2010

Balsamic Honey Glazed Pork Chops

This is the first time, and perhaps only time, I'll be posting about something I've cooked.

A) because I hardly ever cook,
and B) I am horrible about posting things that I do in real life.

Anyway, I had a day off work finally and decided to prepare something to eat that wasn't tortellini or Ramen noodles. I had $1.50 thin pork loin chops from H.E.B. and thought I'd find something good to make. I found a recipe on Cooks.com for Balsamic Honey Glazed Pork Chops, which sounded good because I had all the right ingredients and I like a sweet pork dish. Sorry vegetarians, I am a meat eater.

I changed it up a little from the original recipe online.

Mine included:
Ingredients
+ 5 thin pork loin chops
+ Olive Oil (extra virgin)
+ Parmesan Herb spice
+ Salt & Pepper
+ Honey
+ Balsamic Vinaigrette dressing

Instructions
1. You heat a moderate portion of olive oil on the frying pan on medium high.
2. ...meanwhile rubbing salt, pepper and parmesan herb on both sides of the pork chops for flavor.
3. Afterward, brown both sides of the chops on the stove.
4. When done, lower the heat to medium-low and dribble honey and balsamic vinaigrette dressing on both sides of each cut.
5. Simmer for about 10 minutes.

That was it, and it was pretty delicious! I should probably start cooking more. Give me ideas, if you have any.

No comments: