Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Bleach DROP / FashionLeak

Dear Blog,

Sorry I have neglected you a little bit these past few days - I'll work on that. However, I have been working on a lot of other, exciting stuff. Hopefully you guys (the readers) got the memo from other numerous social networking sites and announcements, but if not, let me be the first to introduce you to a couple of awesome gems. First of all, there is Bleach Online DROP.

This is meant to be a bi-weekly (bi-monthly? Either way, it is coming out every other week) newsletter brought to you by Bleach Online about happenings in Austin, future issues and features, and other news in fashion, music and art. The newsletter will be in blog-form, which I am obviously a fan of. Check it out for yourself now. It is definitely worth "following."

Secondly, there is FashionLeak, which is finally officially launched, after a lot of hard work and brainstorming from the same minds behind Bleach Online. FashionLeak "was created as an introspective exposé on the most innovative designers working today." The Web site will feature 12 fashion designers in a year, showing an insight into their daily lives, inspirations, style via video and more. After this, there will be a three-day fashion event featuring all 12 designers.

Right now, the featured designer is Dawn Younger-Smith, otherwise known as the Boudoir Queen. Check out her video, made by the videographer of Etsy, it's pretty amazing. I love Younger-Smith's collection in her studio. I would like to amass something as meaningful as that someday. Check out her Web site and look for her shop, there are a couple items for sale.

So, after viewing Bleach DROP, you may or may not notice my little tidbit at the end. Not sure if it has been made obvious or not, but I recently began 'interning' for Bleach this summer. Since then, my job title has transformed to "Communications/Contributor." I am also now doing basically the same thing for FashionLeak. It's been a lot of fun working with these ladies. They have a lot in store for you.

Love,
Td

No comments: