Wednesday, June 10, 2009

My face is in Rare!

So, one day I was at Waterloo Records when I came upon this issue of Rare. I knew it wasn't the May issue, which was blind embossed and white, so I checked it out. It was the June issue, which I knew that my face was going to appear in. Editor Carrie Crowe and Tolly Moseley, a writer for Rare slash Austin Eavesdropper, had set up this Blogger Editorial for this Living issue.

I really like the way the picture turned out. Shooting those was a lot of fun. Annie Ray was the photographer. Yeah, I'm blowing purple glitter out of a martini glass.

It was also too late that I realized I had actually started this blog in 2008. It really hasn't been that long. I also included a few of the little "blogs" I wrote for the article. I mentioned some of my favorite Austin things. Not included in here, but in the magazine, are Richard Gear, End of an Ear Records and Outwithme. By the way, 50-word limits are HARD, even for mini-blogs.


By the way, I still haven't tried any of these hamburgers. Let's go.

Go pick your own copy up. Or wait till they scan them in for the online version.

Tonight at Beauty Bar:

5 comments:

Kathleen Tso said...

YAY I"M SO PROUD OF YOU SISTER!!!!!

LOOKS SO GOOD!

Kristine said...

I WAS ABOUT TO WRITE THE SAME THING AS KATHPEEN

I really like the picture! I bet you've been dying waiting for this to come out.

PROUDPROUDPROUD

Megalithic Rick said...

That it is awesome with a Rare spot and all. Btw, if you wanna see Bat for Lashes, tickets are on presale:

http://www.batforlashes.com/live/show_info/the_parish_austin/

I have a feeling it will sell out.

also, kudos on the DOD thing, that is so cool.

Christopher said...

YOU'RE WELCOME 4 MAKING THOSE SCANS

love ya

frances said...

ah!! congrats!!