Saturday, July 12, 2008

ATL UPDATES & Future changes

MJQ

MJQ was surprisingly fun, but I think it was more the configuration of the club rather than the music. Andy Rourke of the Smiths was DJing and played a lot of hits, but not necessarily danceable stuff.

A/S/L has been canceled til further notice, not that anybody quite cares.

Eastern Bloc

This was just last night - supposedly Atlanta's "most ambitious nightlife project to date."
This was the configuration of the three club crawl:

The Graveyard Tavern - Electro, Bmore, House, Dubstep, New Wave

Cenci - 2 Floors of Hip-Hop, Disco, Funk, and Soul

The Glenwood - Rock, Indie, Brit-Pop, Mod, and Soul + Outdoor Patio

I only hung around the Graveyard, because I didn't see any point in going to the other two and listening to funk or brit-pop. It was a really good time, the DJing (Preston Craig) was not genius but acceptable - more electro and new wave than house at all.

This is what is on for tonight:


&

THEM (Gravytrain!!!) at The Drunken Unicorn! Pimp.




ALSO- I have been thinking of changing up this dull site. Right now it's just me blogging about shit no one cares about or they might but no one knows about or can relate because it's just the stuff I do. I'm going to bring in some new perspective and hopefully spice the blog up real soon. Look for changes within the next month. I'm talkin' - my return to Austin and return to GOOD blogging.

No comments: